Posted: 17 June 2022
- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- Response Med is seeking to provide health professionals to deliver clinical services in UN facilities located in Somalia.
- Personnel shall deliver primary care & hospital level services, including emergency, surgical, diagnostic, intensive care & general hospital services.
- Personnel shall provide the services at the UN level 1+ health facility located in the UNSOS camp within the AAIA in Mogadishu & in sector health facilities, as & when required.
- Additionally, personnel may be to reinforce these AMISOM level 2 hospitals during emergency situations that severely stress facilities.
- The UN level 1+ health facility is a capability that was established in 2012 with the objective of providing emergency & primary health care for the UN international personnel in Somalia.
- The facility has since been supporting UNSOS, UNSOM & AMISOM FHQ personnel.
- Additionally, the facility is available to international personnel from other UN entities, diplomatic missions & UNSOS contracted vendors, on a cost recovery basis.
- Services may, on occasion, also be extended to the SNA.
Role objectives: We are looking for an experienced Theatre Nurse to provide specialized nursing services & care to patients in the operating theatres & support surgeons operating on patients. Must be able to recognize & effectively treat life threatening conditions. The successful candidate will be a team player with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes & shape best clinical & non clinical practice. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that the theatres are clean, tidy & orderly in order to provide the conducive environment required while performing surgical operations & other medical procedures in the unit if the hospital.
- The operating room environment shall be sterile, with controlled access & regularly cleaned, sterilised & monitored.
- Prepare operating theatres for use by ensuring that they are in order, well lit & well ventilated in order to provide the conducive environment for surgical operations & other medical procedures in the hospital.
- Provide filed patient records, medical reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient to surgeons before surgical operations & other medical procedures & provide the same to the recovering room staff in the hospital.
- All surgical procedures shall be fully documented in the patient’s medical records & comply with UN Hospital Quality & Patient Safety Standards (HQPS).
- Ensure that all tools, equipment & medicines required in performing surgical operations are available, in place & sufficient to perform surgical operations in the hospital.
- Receive, register & record patients in the operating theatres & prepare themfor surgical operations by surgeons in the operating theatres of the hospital.
- Support the surgeons to perform surgical operations & other medical procedures in the operating theatres of the hospital.
- Follow medical procedures administered to patients in the operating theatres & monitor their conditions & progress & inform medical specialists accordingly in the hospital.
- Administer prescribed medication & other specialized nursing care andmanage patients in the operating theatres of the hospital.
- Monitor patients’ progress & recovery after surgical operations & other medical procedures in the operating theatres of the hospital.
- Move patient from the operating theatres to the recovering rooms for recovery from anesthesia & other post operation conditions in the hospital.
- This role reports to the line manager.
- Bachelors Degree / Diploma as a Registered Nurse with a minimum of three years progressive post qualification clinical experience in general nursing.
- Postgraduate training, in OT / Emergency Care Nursing or equivalent with a minimum of three years’ post specialist qualification.
- Currently registered & licensed to practice nursing & apply specialty without supervision in own country or another UN member state.
- English proficiency, a minimum of level B 2 is required.
- Preference / desire to live & work in Somalila.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- CTG is open to reviewing applications of both expats as well as Somali nationals for this role.
How to apply
………. FADLAN NAGUSOBIIR……