Posted: 13 October 2021
About the job
Post Title: IT Operations Associate
Contract type/grade: G6
Duty Station: Mogadishu, Somalia
Duration: 1 Year (Initial)
Closing Date: 26th October 2021
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include relief assistance, safety-net support including school feeding, nutrition programmes, and livelihood support through the provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers and capacity strengthening.
This position is open to qualified Somali applicants; Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as running specialized network monitoring and system protection, to ensure technology is running effectively;
- Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyze data and produce accurate reports;
- Provide standard technical training to end users of commonly used technology and systems;
- Provide guidance and training to junior colleagues in the delivery of IT support services to support the capability building of staff;
- Support the co-ordination of new application implementation to provide WFP staff with the IT tools they need to perform effectively;
- Draft standard material such as end-user and technical documentation to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products;
- Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division to support the continuous improvement of IT services provided;
- Coordinate installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures;
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in Information and Communication Technology supplemented with training in Server, Networking, Security, Telecommunication and IT Governance.
- Five years of progressively responsible work experience in IT, telecommunications and information management such as WAN/LAN networking, Server, and operating systems administration.
- Experience in VSAT, telephony, wired/wireless installations,
- Experience in client support such as Help Desk or user support and telephone maintenance service would be an added advantage.
Language: Proficiency in oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Efficiency and Time-Management
- Good communication skills
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff
- Team supervision skills
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.
…………. FADLAN NAGUSOBIIR……