Posted: 05 Jan 2022
ISP Technician Job Announcement
|Title||ISP Technician (3 Positions)|
|Purpose||Install and support LAN, WLANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems|
|Location||Mogadishu with frequent travel in all regions of South and Central Somalia|
|Reporting to||ISP Unit Manager|
Somtel connects the people that keep Somalia on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Somalia, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fiber optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
ISP Technicianis responsible for installing and maintaining internet service for home and business customers and dealing with customers and solving internet relates issues on site, which involves working outside dailyin flexible hours. Applicant should be comfortable with climbing towers and roofs to install and repair internet equipment. They need to reskill themselves by learning new technologies, developments, and systems in ISP field.
- Installandsupport LAN,WLANs,WANs, networksegments, Internet, and intranet systems
- Install and maintain network hardware and software.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system’s performance.
- Identify userneeds.
- Determine network and system requirements.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensurenetworkconnectivitythroughoutcompany’s LAN/WANinfrastructureisonpar with technicalconsiderations.
- Maintain a good point to point link connection
- Perform network address assignment.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Assisting network architects with the design of network models
- Access-control installation and configuration
- Install, test, troubleshoot, and repair the wireless internet equipment in, on, and through homes, offices, and any other structures.
- Troubleshoot and correct customer complaints of wireless internet service.
- Respond to emergency repairs.
- Performs maintenance on sites and equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma
- Minimum 2+ year experience of professional experience in ISP network platform
- Capable of working in all temperatures and climate
- Basic industry knowledge and technology trends
- Basic ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned
- Be able to work flexible hours
Interested candidates are kindly requested to get in touch with our Human Resource Office.
Please contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Application deadline is January15, 2022
………. FADLAN NAGUSOBIIR……