Posted: 17 June 2022
- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- Response Med is seeking to provide health professionals to deliver clinical services in UN facilities located in Somalia.
- Personnel shall deliver primary care & hospital level services, including emergency, surgical, diagnostic, intensive care & general hospital services.
- Personnel shall provide the services at the UN level 1+ health facility located in the UNSOS camp within the AAIA in Mogadishu & in sector health facilities, as & when required.
- Additionally, personnel may be to reinforce these AMISOM level 2 hospitals during emergency situations that severely stress facilities.
- The UN level 1+ health facility is a capability that was established in 2012 with the objective of providing emergency & primary health care for the UN international personnel in Somalia.
- The facility has since been supporting UNSOS, UNSOM & AMISOM FHQ personnel.
- Additionally, the facility is available to international personnel from other UN entities, diplomatic missions & UNSOS contracted vendors, on a cost recovery basis.
- Services may, on occasion, also be extended to the SNA.
Role objectives: We are looking for an experienced ICU Nurse to be responsible for delivering high quality, effective & compassionate high standards of professional individualized health care services to all critically ill patients & their families. The successful candidate will be a team player with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes & shape best clinical & non-clinical practice. Key responsibilities include but ar enot limited to:
- Set up & monitor medical equipment & devices such as cardiac monitors, mechanical ventilators & alarms, oxygen delivery devices, transducers, or pressure lines & identify malfunctioning equipment or devices & report the same to the biomedical engineering section of the hospital.
- Receive patients in critical conditions that are referred to the critical carecenter & book them in for advanced care & attention.
- Deliver quality nursing care in accordance with the set nursing standards & as per the policies & procedures of the hospital.
- Ensure the provision of quality critical care nursing services to the admitted critically ill patients, based on assessment data or identified needs in the hospital.
- Monitor patients for their progress & changes in status & indications of health conditions such as sepsis or shock & institute appropriate interventions together with medical specialists in the hospital.
- Administer the prescribed therapeutic procedures based upon patients’ clinical status & assess patients’ pain levels or sedation requirements in the critical care centers of the hospital.
- Conduct pulmonary assessments to identify abnormal respiratory patterns or breathing sounds that indicate medical conditions of patients in the critical care centers of the hospital.
- Monitor patients’ fluid intake & outlet to detect any emerging problems such as fluid & electrolyte imbalances among patients in the critical care centers of the hospital.
- Document patients’ medical histories & assessment findings, compile & analyze data obtained from monitoring or diagnostic tests in the critical care centers of the hospital.
- This role reports to the line manager.
- Bachelors / Diploma as a Registered Nurse with a minimum of three years progressive post qualification clinical experience in general nursing.
- Postgraduate training in Intensive / Critical Care / Anaesthesia / Emergency care nursing or equivalent with a minimum of three years’ post specialist qualification.
- Currently registered & licensed to practice nursing & apply specialty without supervision in own country or another UN member state.
- English proficiency, a minimum of level B 2 is required.
- Preference / desire to live & work in Somalila.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- CTG is open to reviewing applications of both expats as well as Somali nationals for this role.
How to apply
………. FADLAN NAGUSOBIIR……