Posted: 22 Nov 2021
Position Title: Finance Manager
About the Company:
KIMS Microfinance (KIMS) is a leading microfinance organization with a tradition of excellence in supporting Somali people. The headquarter of KIMS is in Hargiesa. KIMS has branches in Hargiesa, Mogadisho, Borama, Kismayo, Bosaso, Baladweyn, Burco, Laas’caanood and Af-madaw. KIMS Microfinance has business relations with local and international financial institutions and business organizations.
A key member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), the Finance Manager leads the Finance Portfolio (Finance Department) and will play an integral role in driving financial performance and influencing organisational culture in line with the innovative and strategic direction of KIMS Board.
The Finance Manager is responsible for identifying, leading and integrating financial strategy across KIMS; encouraging and promoting cooperation and common financial objectives amongst the KIMS’ departments, branches and regional offices.
The position will ensure that all internal and external accountabilities relating to the organisation’s finances are met, timely and of a high standard.
The position is responsible for the supervision of the day-to-day activities of the Finance Department. The position will work closely with the Senior Management Team of KIMS and reports to the Managing DirectorPag. e
Key Responsibilities – Finance
- Provide financial advice and analysis to the Board of Directors and CEO on all strategic and operational aspects of the financial management of KIMS.
- Prepare KIMS annual statutory financial statements in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Prepare financial reports using the SEEP framework.
- Manage the relationship with external auditors and ensure that KIMS meets all internal and external reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Responsible for signing off on bank reconciliations (including loan portfolio accounts) and ensuring outstanding items are cleared regularly.
- Prepare the annual and monthly budget for KIMS, noting risks, significant variations, issues for attention, preparing forecasts and recommendations for improved financial performance.
- Establish KIMS financial policies and procedures that ensure integrity, consistency and uniformity within KIMS and thus comply with accounting standards and other corporate governance benchmarks.
- Implement robust financial management systems to increase organizational efficiency, accountability, transparency and decision-making.
- Maximise KIMS’ financial strength through effective cash flow management and appropriate investment strategies (cash collections & disbursements) in consultation with Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Periodic reviews of accounting and financial controls and processes for the entire organization
- Analyze revenues and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Develop and institute systems of internal control to ensure cash collections and cash disbursements transactions are accurately banked and recorded.
P• a gPreparee monthly/quarterly cash flow report for the Senior Management Team.
- Ensure an appropriate internal control framework supported by relevant financial and risk management policies including organizational compliance to the KIMS policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with KIMS policies and procedures that relate to financial functions and provide policy recommendation.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain chart of accounts in accordance with the requirements of KIMS.
- Assist Managing Director, CEO with any other projects as required and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA strongly preferred, with at least seven years subsequent relevant experience.
- Proven experience in, and analysis of, complex business activities including sound financial management and budget control.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial planning, budgeting and analysis with a high level numerical proficiency and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to implement contemporary management practices to achieve business goals and objectives, in particular those related to finance/budget.
- High level written, electronic and verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise efficiently and effectively with a Board, CEO, managers, external bodies, and stakeholders.
- Proven leadership capability that includes developing and leading strategic responses and shaping organizational culture while building effective relationships with other senior colleagues.
- Proven familiarity and competence with MSOffice (Microsoft 365) professional software applications and management information systems (ISHRAQ, financial software, etc.).
- Superior problem-solving ability and the ability to negotiate successful outcomes in potentially challenging circumstances.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to balance different work priorities to meet deadlines.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Be a role model for performing work at a consistently high standard.
- Commitment to actively work as part of the Senior Management Team.
- Annual leave can only be taken at a time that accommodates the peak workflows of KIMS.
- As KIMS Microfinance offices are located over several cities, staff may be required to travel to, or work from, other cities as required.
- All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check (background check).
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements as stipulated above, please email your application letter accompanied with a detailed CV (Resume) and qualifications in one PDF document, clearly indicating your current position, current and expected remuneration to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Closure of the application is 10 December 2021. Submission must be received by specified application deadline. Please note, KIMS is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.