Posted: 05 Jan 2022
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Initiate, verify and process financial transactions and payments for WCO and sub- offices related to staff and non-staff costs, purchase orders, local purchases, etc, based on authorizations received in compliance with established rules and procedures.
- Process e-Imprest transactions and monitor Imprest GL’s including processing and reviewing of purchase orders for services – Imprest, DFC’s, GES and other activities with the aim to ensure accuracy of financial data, adequacy of supporting documents and maintenance of proper accounting records.
- Reconcile country office cash books and justify any difference in reconciliation; prepare cash counts and to reconcile with the cashbooks on a monthly basis. Update and maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions.
- Effect cash payments to meeting participants, obtain necessary signatures and ensure completion of supporting documents.
- Compare cash books with bank statements to compute gain and loss in exchange rate on monthly basis and liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange rates.
- Prepare financial tables and reports. Initiate correspondence and answer queries related to area of work.
- Replace and assist other colleagues in the team and perform other related financial and administrative duties as required
How to apply
Interested applicants meeting the ‘Essential qualifications’ may apply using below email address: email@example.com
Please when applying write the title of the position in your applications, ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND TEST.
………. FADLAN NAGUSOBIIR……