Posted: 17 June 2022
- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- Response Med is seeking to provide health professionals to deliver clinical services in UN facilities located in Somalia.
- Personnel shall deliver primary care & hospital level services, including emergency, surgical, diagnostic, intensive care & general hospital services.
- Personnel shall provide the services at the UN level 1+ health facility located in the UNSOS camp within the AAIA in Mogadishu & in sector health facilities, as & when required.
- Additionally, personnel may be to reinforce these AMISOM level 2 hospitals during emergency situations that severely stress facilities.
- The UN level 1+ health facility is a capability that was established in 2012 with the objective of providing emergency & primary health care for the UN international personnel in Somalia.
- The facility has since been supporting UNSOS, UNSOM & AMISOM FHQ personnel.
- Additionally, the facility is available to international personnel from other UN entities, diplomatic missions & UNSOS contracted vendors, on a cost recovery basis.
- Services may, on occasion, also be extended to the SNA.
Role objectives: We are looking for an experienced ER Nurse to manage the reception & stabilisation of two x priority alpha critically ill / injured patients & provide care for patients with various types of illness or trauma requiring emergency attention. Must be able to recognize & effectively treat life threatening conditions. The successful candidate will be a team player with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes & shape best clinical & non clinical practice. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collects current symptoms, as well as a detailed patient history & then consults & coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement & evaluate patient care plans.
- Performs triage, while considering both physical & psychosocial elements.
- Manages basic life support needs & stabilizes patients until the attending physician is available, based upon nursing standards & protocol.
- Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology.
- Records patients’ current vital signs.
- Works directly under physicians, assisting them during exams, diagnostic testing & treatments.
- Prepares & administers medications (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) & records prescribed.
- Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered Nurse.
- Provides IV therapy.
- Cleans & bandages wounds.
- Provides basic, bedside care.
- Maintains proper supplies & appropriate medical equipment to care for patients.
- Reports any suspected abuse to the appropriate agencies.
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician.
- Teaches patients & significant others how to manage their illness / injury, by explaining post treatment home care needs, diet / nutrition / exercise programs, self administration of medication & rehabilitation, as well as provides referrals to other healthcare professionals for follow up treatment.
- Displays professionalism while completing multiple urgent tasks in a timely manner.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately & completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format & on the appropriate forms.
- This role reports to the line manager.
- Bachelors / Diploma as a Registered Nurse with a minimum of three years progressive post qualification clinical experience in general nursing.
- Postgraduate training, in Emergency Care nursing or equivalent with a minimum of three years’ post specialist qualification.
- Currently registered & licensed to practice nursing & apply specialty without supervision in own country or another UN member state.
- English proficiency, a minimum of level B 2 is required.
- Preference / desire to live & work in Somalila.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- CTG is open to reviewing applications of both expats as well as Somali nationals for this role.
How to apply
………. FADLAN NAGUSOBIIR……